Monday, December 8, 2014

My Besties Challenge- Christmas + Vintage

 
Hi Bloggers. Time for a great My Besties challenge, which runs from Dec. 8th. to Dec. 19th. This time it is "Christmas + Vintage" How perfect for this time of year. I've used an image from Sherri Baldy's My Besties store called "Raining Snow Flakes" I thought it was just perfect for my out of the box sort of thinking. :-) Her sweet little hat gave her just enough of a vintage look to be appropriate for this challenge. I used Graphic 45 designer paper from the "Christmas Emporium" 8"X 8" paper pad for all the paper elements on my card. The card base is a 5" X 7" Kraft pre-fold from Recollections. The poinsettia is made from Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia die and the pine branch is from Elizabeth Craft Designs. The Merry Christmas words are from the new Spellbinders S2-118 die. I thought the burlap bow and rusty jingle bells were just perfect for this look. I distressed some edges, sponged a bit of Vintage Photo ink, and if you look rely close you'll see some faux stitching! I've already been asked, so I will tell you here on my blog, the snow flakes were made with a Marvy Ushida Snow Marker pen. You can get them on line if you can't find it in a retail store. I colored my image with Copic markers and I'll list the colors below.
Copics used:
Skin- E11, 00, 0000
Cheeks and lips- R20
Hair- E25, 21, 50
Eyes- E29, 25
Beige's- E44, 43, 42, 41, 40
Reds- R29, 27, 24, 22, 39
Greens- YR99, 97, 95, 93, 91
Holly- YG67
 

Now girls & guys, we would love you to join our challenge so get out your vintagey mojo and create!
I'm thinking a Bestie Steampunk image would be awesome as a Christmas card too!
Here's the link for you to add your cards to the gallery and I hope you are a winner!
 
Thanks so much for joining me today & come back soon!
Hugs, Maureen



1 comment:

  1. This is marvellous..., wow:-)!!!
    Hugsss, Gaby

    ReplyDelete