Saturday, October 4, 2014

National Card Day

 
 
 
 
 
Good morning all my Blogger friends. It's national card day today and in honor of it I have a card I made for my friends Granddaughter's wedding, which is today. Unfortunately it is nasty(first snow, yuk!) today here in the mid-west & the wedding is outside later in the day. I'm hoping that it will clear up and be nice this afternoon for at least an hour for them. the reception is indoors, so that is a blessing for sure. The bride is wearing off white and all fall colors is her theme. the guys tuxes are black, but have a camo vests of course, as this is the hunting mecca of the north! Anyway I figured it would be safe to post this card today, because the Bride will be too busy to see it on my blog, sneaky huh?
 

I am showing a close-up of the leaves I stamped and fussy cut out to match the leaves in the bridal party's bouquets. So pretty. There is a story behind all this. Last fall I had a huge garage sale, which included a lot of my crafting supplies that I thought I wouldn't need or hadn't used in a coon's age. Well I can not even tell you how many times I have gone to drag out something to make a card with, and guess what? I discover that I have sold it at my garage sale. Which, I might add included my fall leaves die set. What was I thinking! I will certainly remember this the next time I think I need to do a bit of house (craft room) cleaning.
Well I hope you've enjoyed my post today and you are inspired to make a card or go on a blog hop, or do something crafty, in honor of National Card Day!!
Thanks for stopping in and come again soon.
Hugs, Maureen
 



5 comments: