Monday, June 9, 2014

Prickley Pear Inspiration Monday

 
 
 
 
 
Good morning Bloggers! Another Monday with some inspiration from Prickley Pear. Next Sunday is Father's Day so I decided to make another "man" card. God knows I can use the practice. Why is it we all seem to struggle with this type of card? Everyone I talk to says the same thing. Strange.
Anyway, my card is simple, but used three elements from Prickley Pear to make it all come together.
I used the DD0207 53' Chevy Small rubber stamp for my image. Actually I had another layout in mind and stamped three copies of this stamp to lay them vertically across the front and make a border across the bottom with the gears and then I said to myself, oops, you are not going to get all that on the front of an A2 card, so I re-configured my design and came up with this. And you know what girls, or guys........... I like it!!  I used the FF0172 Any Man Can sentiment, which could not be any more perfect for Father's Day, right? And of course the D025 Steampunk and D035 Mini Gears die sets to complete my manly look. I love these gears actually and think they should go on everything. for a woman I have an obscene amount of tools and have always had a fascination with mechanical things, so that probably is the reason I'm likein'  these little honeys so much!
I cut the gears from Mirror paper and didn't stamp them with the matching
CLR025 Steampunk Gears Clear Set because I thought the mirror paper gave the gears enough pop as a stand alone element. That's the beauty owning this complete set, the possibilities are endless!
Some gorgeous DCWV "Tattered Time", a little Graphic 45 "Proper Gentleman"  DP,  a little gold twine, a few brads, and finito!

Here's a close-up of the awesome mirror paper gears, they are soooo cool!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and don't forget to visit my super talented Teammates listed on the PPRS DT sidebar for some more Inspiration from Prickley Pear!
Hugs, Maureen
 
 


6 comments:

  1. A tough card!!!
    Hugsss, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab and great card Maureen.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image along with he cogs make a perfect masculine card Maureen.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gears are really cool! Great card! I like the small auto on the Diamond too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how you put all the elements together..the gears were a perfect fit! :)

    ReplyDelete