Monday, April 7, 2014

Prickley Pear

 
 
 
 
 
Hello Bloggers. I am sharing my first post today as a member of the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp Company Design Team. This whole process is a learning curve for me, but fortunately I am joining a great company, team, & a VERY patient team coordinator. There are a few things I feel I need to tell you all before we get started. I am not making excuses for my self, but I am not used to making what are called A2 cards. The Prickley Pear company desires this size for the majority of advertising & promotional purposes. They are 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 inches and I have made only 5X7 inch cards for years, so please be patient with me until I get some practice in. :-)
I am learning you can't put my usual tons of things on a small card without making it look messy. For me "restraint" is the key word of the day!
I am happy with this first card as I got make up some flowers with the Blobby Flowers 2 Clear Set &
Blobby Flowers Die that matches it. And I do love to make me some paper flowers! I did some coloring with Copics, a little stacking, some snipping here and there, some shaping, a glitter brad, & pow they jump right off the card! The sentiment I used on this card came from this set also.
I have also used the Heart Oval Insert Die, the Scallop Oval Nesting Die, and the butterflies are from the Scalloped Oval 4 Floral Clear Set. The leaves & flourish are from Cheery Lynn. A MS border punch, ribbon, bling, and last but not least a little filigree corner.
 
 
Now remember, April 15th, 16th & 17th is our Blog Hop. The Design Team will be showcasing the new releases & there are some great new things coming your way.
 
Make sure to some back for that, you don't want to miss it!!
Thanks for stopping by today & we'll see you soon.
Hugs, Maureen
 


6 comments:

  1. Nice to be working with you into the new term Maureen and you have made a lovely card to start it off.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen, I am so happy to be on the PPRS team with you! From looking at this beauty I would never guess that you had any adjustment in size to make! This is fabulous with pretty layers and dimension!!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful Maureen.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Maureen. I too have to learn restraint when designing. :) I'm happy to be on a team with such talented ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Maureen...you were a quick study...this is gorgeous! Thanks for starting off your term with this gorgeous creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Maureen you did a great job in the space!! Your card is fabulous! Great being on the team with ya!

    ReplyDelete