Monday, January 27, 2014

Two Owls







Hello friends. Don't fall off your chair, but I posting again!!!! I love, love, love, how this card turned out! This stamp is from Mo's Digital Pencil and when I saw it, a tiny voice just screamed out at me to purchase it. I tried the "Scandinavian" technique on this card as in my previous post and I think the contrast between light & dark is just awesome.
I've used lots of layers on this card, starting with a Kraft background which I distressed with my new Zutter Distrezz-it-All V20. I got this for Christmas, & oh is this little machine great!
Some medallions I made with a MS punch. Spellbinders Labels Eighteen, a Cheery Lynn dragonfly die & mini flourish, Dee's Distinctively stylized floral dies, all purchased at Picture This. Whimsy Stamps picket fence die, and last but not least, my lovely hade made flowers with my Spellbinders Donna Salazar Bitty Blossoms die set. I have used the pants off this set, oh my how I love to make paper flowers!! Oops the ting flowers are punched with some odd little punches I picked up here & there. Here's a close-up of the sweet little hugging Owls, & the Copics I used are listed below.
 
Copics used:
Wings, tails, around eyes & forehead- E71, 70, W3 & CB
Eyes, beak, feet- E53, 51, 50, W3
Scarf- B34, 32, W3, CB
Moon- E51, 50, W3
Branch- E79, 70, CB
Hope you enjoyed this card & thanks for stopping in.
 
I have also entered this card in these challenges.
Divas By Design  "Anything Goes"
Mo's Digital Challenge "Lots of Layers"
Pile it on Challenge #4 "Animals" (mammal or not)
 

4 comments:

  1. I love your card Maureen and one of my favourite colour combo's too!
    Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week for our Anything Goes Challenge and good luck in the draw
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maureen,
    These little owls look adorable. Love the wonderful embellishments & the gorgeous card design. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow first this card is gorgeous Maureen.

    you ask how you get those images from Scrapbookstampsociety.

    the links are always there at the cards we have made.
    but here is the shop link

    http://scrapbookstampsociety.com/index.php?

    these images are from Sherri Baldy.

    and now I'm going to follow you.

    let me know if you want to know more.

    greetings karin Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute Card!!...Who ? Who? LOL Guess what was on top of my building this week? A huge Arctic Owl...Who ? Who? Inside Joke.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete