Sunday, March 11, 2012

Birthday Cardinal

Here's a card I was commissioned to do for a Birthday. The ladies favorite birds are Cardinals. Well, try to find a Cardinal that's not Christmas, but still looks real. Lord have mercy, did I have my work cut out for me. I looked at several shops and could not find anything I thought was suitable. So I remembered having this lovely digital stamp from Fred she Said. It really is a Christmas stamp, but I have hidden the holly leaves and berries at the end of the branch with flowers, leaves, a stick pin, etc. Clever, huh? I thought so. The sentiment is from Just-Rite Stamps. I had just picked up this die set at Picture This. LOVE that little Leann and her girls. If you ever want a great shopping experiance, check them out. I have searched for things in the past, and asked Leann to try and order them for me, and bless her little heart, she always comes through. You go girl!!!
This die is one of those things I had on my wish list.
In case your interested it is from Cheery Lynn Designs and it's called Heart to Heart Lace Doily. There are four dies in the pkg. but it cuts six shapes, cool, huh? I love it. I have several of this company's dies and they are really nice, but here is a little hint I learned from Leann. When I use my Spellbinders dies I use plate A, then plate B, paper, die face down, and the plate C in that order in my Cuttlebug. When you use these dies ( Marianne dies also) it's plate A, plate C, die face up, paper, then plate B. I'm not sure why but if you use the Spellbinder sandwich they don't cut well, but the other way they come out perfect, hmmmmmmm? It's a great thing to know.
Here's the recipe for this card:
Ink: Memento, VersaMagic Sahara Sand for shading
Paper: K&Company, 6X6 pad called Julianne (yummy!)
Stamps: Winter Cardinal digital by Fred she Said, Birthday Sentiment Set by JustRite
Dies: Heart to Heart Lace Doily by Cheery Lynn Designs, Flourish LR0116 by Marianne Designs
Copics:
Cardinal, R27, 24, 22
Beak, Y21, 26
Legs, C5, C3
Branch, E35, 33, 30
Flowers from I Brake for Stamps and a few from my stash along with the stick pin. I make those with Corsage pins and pearls glued on them.
Hope you enjoyed this card and thanks for stopping by.
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment