Monday, November 14, 2011

CDACPC6- Polar Bear

Here's my 3rd entry for this round of the CDAC  progressive challenge. This little guy is from Designed 2 Delight. I love this bear, I mean how cute is he? Part of the challenge was to snow two cards up, so this is the 2nd. of my snow cards. I used Aleene's Glitter Snow on the icicles and under the bear. Then, because I had already added Viva Pearl Pen to the snow drops around the bear, I decided to paint over my snow with Yasutomo pearl paint to tie them all together. Love how it turned out! I'm tellin' you this Christmas card making brings out the best in us card crafters! Today is my B-Day and a friend and I are going to the big city of Eau Claire, WI. to have a bite to eat and then go out to
 Picture This for a Copics class. For me this is the ultimate in Birthday fun! I am offically a Senior citizin today. AARP would tell you it's a good thing but I think I'll let the jury stay out a while longer on that one, LOL!
I added this close-up so you can see the snow better in case you'd like to try this technique. It's very pretty on the actual card. My photo taking ahhhhhh....................not so much!
Here's the elements I used on this card.
Stamps- Polar Bear by Designed 2 Delight, sentiment by Outlines Stamps
Paper- solid CS from my stash, DP from DCWV's Homemade Christmas stack
Dies- Spellbinders Beaded Ovals, icicle LR0135, flourish LR0116 by Marianne Creatables and Tropical Flourish B127 by  Cheery Lynn Designs
Ribbon, brad, pearls,  & Candi's, all from my stash
Copics used- R27, R24, YG63, YG61, C1, & C5
Hope you enjoyed this card and Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hugs,
Maureen

1 comment:

  1. love the bear and seeing it in person was even better.

    ReplyDelete