Thursday, July 21, 2011

A little birdie........

Well maybe not so little, the birdie that is. This image was so darn cute I just couldn't resist buying it. It's from Whimsy Stamps and is a Meljen (Melissa Jensen) digital design. I love her work, it's so whimsical, LOL. Melissa also has a Monday Freebie every single week on her blog.
I have a friend whose mommy LOVED these birds. I thought of her a lot while I was coloring this. What a sweet dear little lady she was. Aren't we lucky to be able to bring up our memories to make us happy whenever we choose?
This card was a simple design and didn't take too many items to complete. Everyone knows I struggle with simple design, but I think I did pretty well on this one.
I have a tendency to dress it up, or maybe sometimes over dress my cards. In my minds crazy eye, I think I just need to tweak it a bit, and then that leads to another tweak, then another, and so on.
Must be that slight OCD thing. :-)
Oh I almost forgot to tell you, I was opening my old dictionary to get sheets to make the flower on the bottom left and it just opened to the "F" Flamingo page. How ironic is that? Well I just couldn't pass it up, so I incorporated it into my card. How cute is that? Here's a close-up of my birdie and flower.


Here's the recipe for this card, and I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by.
Stamp: Meljen's Pinky Flamingo
Paper: K&Company tag, Sizzix mat pad, and from my stash
Punches: MS branch, MS retro fan punch around the page, MS doily lace trim
Spellbinders: Donna Salazar Rose Creations
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Adirondack Mountain Rose
Copics used for coloring Flamingo:
Legs & Beak, E40, E42, C7 & 100
Cheeks, RV11
Body, R30, R32
Sand under feet, E31
Ribbon and bling from my stash
Have Fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment